Zestt Wellness Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I take EXhale®?
For those with unhealthy lungs, we recommend taking EXhale® on a daily basis (10mL per day). Note that in times of stress, two 10mL doses per day can be taken, provided that people don’t exceed the following:
- The daily recommended maximum dose of quercetin, which is 1,200mg (note there is 500mg of quercetin in one dose of EXhale®, but there are other supplements and medicines which may contain quercetin);
- The daily recommended maximum dose of zinc, which is 50mg (note there is 15mg of zinc in one dose of EXhale®, but there are other supplements and medicines which may contain zinc).
For those with healthy lungs, we recommended taking EXhale® as needed – in times of environmental stress or illness (10-20mL per day).
What ingredients are in EXhale® and are they natural?
The bioactive ingredients in EXhale® are natural and are sourced from New Zealand and imported (where not grown in New Zealand). The bioactive ingredients are:
- BerriQi® – a boysenberry and apple extract, with immune boosting properties and lung health properties, rich in anthocyanins;
- Quercetin – a plant flavonol, with immunity properties, extracted from buds of the Japonica saphora tree, acts as a zinc ionophore which means it helps zinc cross cell membranes;
- Chelated zinc – a form of zinc in its most bioavailable form;
- Mānuka honey (UMF 20+) – oral immunity properties and acts as a carrier for quercetin to support absorption.
Where is EXhale® produced?
EXhale® is produced in Dunedin, New Zealand by Zestt Wellness. We are a New Zealand Government accredited manufacturing centre (certification can be provided on request).
Our staff are trained in food hygiene safety standards. One of our co-founders is immuno-compromised – we truly understand the importance of food and nutraceutical manufacturing hygiene for such groups of people.
What is the science behind EXhale®?
Click here to read the science behind EXhale®. Our co-founders are both scientifically trained and have extensively used peer-reviewed scientific literature to formulate EXhale®. We have analysed EXhale® for its immunity properties in an accredited University laboratory. We have had the science behind the EXhale® formula independently scientifically reviewed by scientists and medical practitioners internationally.
Have clinical trials been done on EXhale®?
Clinical and pre-clinical trials have been done by scientists on ingredients within EXhale®. We are currently seeking funding to support clinical trials of EXhale® in immune-compromised groups with chronic lung disease. Ultimately, we are aiming for EXhale® to be available as a prescribed medicine as well as a nutraceutical.
Should I take EXhale® everyday?
For people with chronic lung issues, we recommend taking EXhale® every day, for others, we recommend taking EXhale® everyday or when you feel like your immune system needs a boost. Please note that EXhale is a fortified food product.
I have been told that my lung disease is incurable, how will EXhale® help?
EXhale® won’t cure diseases, but it can help reduce inflammation and phlegm and support your immune system. Please note that EXhale is a fortified food product.
How does EXhale® work?
Watch this video to see how BerriQ® works, EXhale® also has immune boosting bioactives, quercetin and zinc to bolster your health: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBWXffSuw3Y.