Zestt Wellness Frequently Asked Questions
Where Can I Buy Zestt Wellness® Products?
Click here to find out where to buy Zestt Wellness® products.
How often should I take EXhale®?
For those with unhealthy lungs, we recommend taking EXhale® on a daily basis (10mL per day). Note that in times of stress, two 10mL doses per day can be taken, provided that people don’t exceed the following:
- The daily recommended maximum dose of quercetin, which is 1,200mg (note there is 500mg of quercetin in one dose of EXhale®, but there are other supplements and medicines which may contain quercetin);
- The daily recommended maximum dose of zinc, which is 50mg (note there is 15mg of zinc in one dose of EXhale®, but there are other supplements and medicines which may contain zinc).
For those with healthy lungs, we recommended taking EXhale® as needed – in times of environmental stress or illness (10-20mL per day).
What ingredients are in EXhale® and are they natural?
The bioactive ingredients in EXhale® are natural and are sourced from New Zealand and imported (where not grown in New Zealand). The bioactive ingredients are:
- Anthocyanins – a boysenberry and blackcurrant extract, with immune boosting properties and lung health properties;
- Quercetin – a plant flavonol, with immunity properties, extracted from buds of the Japonica saphora tree, acts as a zinc ionophore which means it helps zinc cross cell membranes;
- Chelated zinc – a form of zinc in its most bioavailable form;
- Mānuka honey (UMF 20+) – oral immunity properties and acts as a carrier for quercetin to support absorption.
Where is EXhale® produced?
EXhale® is produced in Dunedin, New Zealand by Zestt Wellness. We are a New Zealand Government accredited manufacturing centre (certification can be provided on request).
Our staff are trained in food hygiene safety standards. One of our co-founders is immuno-compromised – we truly understand the importance of food and nutraceutical manufacturing hygiene for such groups of people.
What is the science behind EXhale®?
Click here to read the science behind EXhale®. Our co-founders are both scientifically trained and have extensively used peer-reviewed scientific literature to formulate EXhale®. We have analysed EXhale® for its immunity properties in an accredited University laboratory. We have had the science behind the EXhale® formula independently scientifically reviewed by scientists and medical practitioners internationally.
Have clinical trials been done on EXhale®?
Clinical and pre-clinical trials have been done by scientists on ingredients within EXhale®. We are currently seeking funding to support clinical trials of EXhale® in immune-compromised groups with chronic lung disease. Ultimately, we are aiming for EXhale® to be available as a prescribed medicine as well as a nutraceutical.
Should I take EXhale® everyday?
For people with chronic lung issues, we recommend taking EXhale® every day, for others, we recommend taking EXhale® everyday or when you feel like your immune system needs a boost. Please note that EXhale is a fortified food product.
I have been told that my lung disease is incurable, how will EXhale® help?
EXhale® won’t cure diseases, but it can help reduce inflammation and phlegm and support your immune system. Please note that EXhale is a fortified food product.
How does EXhale® work?
EXhale® has immune boosting bioactives, anthocyanins, quercetin and zinc to bolster your health.
The Science of Lung Health
Free Downloadable Booklet on The Science of Lung Health and what you can do it Improve your Lung Health